Retailers have a fantastic opportunity.
The world has changed significantly over the past decade, transforming the consumer buying journey. The shift from a linear, traditional model to a holistic journey means retailers have the opportunity to get their brand in front of the right people at the right time!
Consumers desire information to aid their purchasing decisions. So, the question for retailers is whether they are present in front of their prospects in the key moments.
• 88% of Australians owned a smartphone in 2017.
• 86% of mobile users turn to Google for ideas about what to buy.
• The number of sources of information consumed before purchase grew from 5.3 to 10.4 between 2010 and 2011.
• 93% of Australian retail sales still happen in-store, but 60% of buyers’ decision process is complete even before they contact a sales rep.
• Store sales increased from $641B to $750B between 2010 and 2015.
Consumers are now more researched, more decided and more ready to purchase.
Leading Edge Group’s E-Book “The amazing opportunity for retailers” explores the world we live in now, and how retailers can take advantage through three fantastic avenues.